Theydon Garnon PCC
Who we are and what we do
Parish Vision Statement
In the light of God’s call, and our situation here, our vision is to build on the love and warmth of our gathered fellowship and to take responsibility as a Christian community to:
- share the good news of Jesus and his promise of eternal life with all people in and beyond our parish;
- use to the full our beautiful setting to inspire worship of God in our traditional style, whilst also gently exploring new ways of making worship accessible to all ages;
- work together to inspire an inclusive fellowship in which people of all ages and backgrounds are welcomed and enabled to grow in faith and wholeness of life.
The church is run by friendly volunteers. Pictures of these key people can be found on our 'Who's who' page.
A number of these individual are members of the PCC.The Parochial Church Council (PCC) has a role to play in the running of the church. This body's responsibilities are as follows:
- co-operating with the vicar in promoting the mission of the Church in its parish.
- the financial affairs of the church
- the care and maintenance of the church fabric and its contents.
A church has been on this site for over 600 years and therefore is steeped in history.
We have a small church choir that sings traditional 4 part harmony church music. A particular focus for the choir are the Christmas services. New choir members are welcomed throughout the year no matter what singing abilities they have.
Bells & Ringing
We have 5 bells that have recently been re-hung. They are rung every Sunday and for other special services. New bell ringers of all abilities (including those with no experience but would like to try) are very welcomed.