Mr Ted Feuell

Charity details

PCC St Pauls & St Mary's Little Harlow

We are two Anglican congregations in partnership together, seeking to serve God and our community as we share God's love through words and deeds.

St Paul's was conceived as part of the original Master Plan for Harlow new town. Designed by Derrick Humphrys, it was consecrated in April 1959. Its copper covered spire surmounted by a golden cross rises 95 feet. Internal features include the original brightly coloured furnishings designed by R.W. Hurst,the decorative colour scheme and the imposing John Piper mosaic of the Risen Christ at Emmaus

St Mary's is a church with a facinating history.  Our present Victorian church may be relatively recent, but there was probably a church on this site as early as the 12th century. The church was first mentioned in the Taxation of 1250 and the first recorded Rector was in 1272.  There is a grave and memorial stone for Hester Woodley, a West Indian slave to the Woodley family. Little Parndon Manor, which used to face the church was owned by William Smith, grandfather to Florence Nightingale.

Service details

Church Service

09 November, 2021 13:30

St Paul's

College Square, Harlow, CM20 1LP

Committal Service at Crematorium

09 November, 2021 14:30

Parndon Wood Crematorium

Parndon Wood Road, Harlow, CM19 4SF