Action Duchenne Limited
We work to achieve our vision by:
- funding research to identify and advance potential therapeutic strategies for everybody living with Duchenne, and support clinical trials and the staff and infrastructure required to bring trials to the UK.
- campaigning for the NHS to provide their patients with the earliest possible access to medicines that have been approved for the treatment of Duchenne.
- lobbying Government agencies to improve care and services offered to those affected by Duchenne.
- striving to create an inclusive society where everybody is equal, where disability is accepted and is no longer a barrier in accessing transport and other facilities.
- building a community for all those affected by Duchenne – to bring people together to share their experiences and to raise the profile of the condition.
While we hope that research and clinical trials will one day lead to a treatment, or cure, for Duchenne, we believe it is vital to support families living with the condition today. We support families from diagnosis through their whole Duchenne journey.
Registered Number 1101971